Friday, August 3, 2007

Observations from training camp

Chris Henry is in camp and looking very good. Only problem is, he's taking reps away from people who can actually play the first 8 games this season. That upsets me terribly. Make him sit in the corner and consider what he's done wrong. And don't let him out of your sight.

Rudi wasn't getting anywhere running the ball today. I really thought it was because no holes, even tho our 2nd team D was in against the starting O. Then Kenny Irons came in with the 2nd team O and ran over, around, and through everyone. I talked to Kenny after the scrimmage for about 2 mins, and he was talking about how his friends were in town and were going to dog him about a fumble he had after a 35 yard run. I asked him could it be any worse than whenever he screwed up in college, and he said no, citing a fumble he had against Alabama one year. I knew of this fumble, just didn't have the balls to bring it up. However, as he mentioned, on the first play from scrimmage of that Iron Bowl game, his brother picked off the Alabama quarterbacks pass, slightly saving him. He's a really nice guy, has a contagious smile and laugh, and seems to miss his brother a lot. I hope he's here for a very long time.

In other news, the Reds are currenly cruising to their first win since a week ago today. Seems like longer, yet it also feels like its been such a short time since we were playing well. We have Bobby on the bump tomorrow on short rest, followed by Bronson on short rest Sunday. The season is lost, couldn't we have found a random bum on the street to pitch tomorrow instead of risking injury? I can't really criticize the decisions we make from the front office, becuse I don't understand who is making them. Maybe its a magic 8 ball. I might give them a new magic 8 ball for a going away present of my internship.

Well, I see Florence so I'm almost home. I will almost assuredly check back in tonight, but if not in the morning I will. Sleep well, and horah, Phi Tau.

No comments: