Thursday, August 2, 2007

Who Wouldn't want to be me.

Man, I've had an interesting week so far. First off, for some reason, people think I genuinely care about their problems in life. The people who know me best know theres no way I want to listen to that shit, so they don't call unless its an emergency. But fringe people. Ugh. This has very little to do about sports, but hey, its my blog, I'll do what I want.

The Hot List of Wally's Brain:
  1. The NBA schedule game out today. For some reason ESPN thinks this is serious news and puts it on the front of their website. They missed the memo when no one watched the finals on ABC. The highlight tho, for the first time, ABC and ESPN got Christmas day right. Instead of trying to create a Shaq/Kobe rivalry, which doesn't exist anymore, they went with Miami and Cleveland, the two most popular teams in the East even tho they aren't the two best, the Lakers and Suns, a hate fest of jealousy, and finally, Oden v. Durant, in a game that will draw big numbers but have little meaning.
  2. The UK basketball schedule was released last week, and even tho there are no real suprises on the schedule, 17 games will be carried on national TV, which is nice. Oh, and just to stay with my theme of every time I mention college basketball, is it Big Blue Madness yet? NO? We still have football? Oh, man.
  3. You know when your watching a baseball game and your team lets up 8 runs in an inning, and you, pissed off, jokingly look at your buddy and say lets get those runs back. The Yankees actually did that today. 8 run top of 2nd off Clemens followed by an 8 run bottom of 2nd off of Garland. Inning took an hour. The only suprising thing about this is the sheer idea of how many hits you must string together off the Rocket to score 8 runs in an inning without a home run.
  4. Phil Dumatrait pitches for the Reds tonight. I haven't been this excited for a Reds game since Homer's first start. Nothing like being let down. I know Phil is gonna get hammered, and deep inside, I know he's only a good prospect because he is a Red and we don't have anyone else. But I can hope. And here's to Phil. And God Bless Jim Bowden, who has assembled the worst team in the majors on talent alone, yet his Reds rejects are going to sweep the Reds while also staying afloat by picking off enough games to not be the worst team in the league by record.
  5. Kyle Loshe took a line drive off of his arm today. Please look a way while I giggle and roll on the floor. Thank you.
  6. I'm glad we didn't trade anyone besides Kyle at the deadline. I don't wanna be competitive now or in the futre. I just want to see people I like. Just make sure that I refill my prescription of the koolaid from Dr. Krivsky and Dr. Bob.

There are alot of things going on in Sports, I get this. But I think you guys like reading when I share my opinions. So today, this list of Sports figures I hate the most:

  • 10: Willie Parker. They guy was undrafted from North Carolina, hardly a football school. Yet he said he thinks he can be better than LT. Maybe he should work on being better than Rudi Johnson first.
  • 9: Donovan F. McNabb. The only guy who I've ever seen that can be mediocre, come back, be thought of as great, actually play better, and then get hurt again and be thought of as even better. He gets way way more pub than he deserves. And his big ass grin annoys me.
  • 8: Joey Porter. The guy was the epitome of why I hated the Steelers for most of my childhood. Oh, and he thinks he's a thug, but hes really just a bitch.
  • 7: Steve Nash. He passes well. He makes his team better. He's white. I get this. He's a great asset to a championship team. But to imply he's even in the top 7 or 8 NBA players, all around players, is an insult to all around players. And how this guy has two MVP's, an absolute joke. Even Lebron James, who hasn't played defense since AAU ball, thinks thats a crime.
  • 6: Guy Morriss. Yup. I'm still bitter. The guy left UK for Baylor. I don't care what sport it is, this is unacceptable. And everytime I see him, its drenched in Gatorade from the LSU game. And it makes me hate him more.
  • 5: Whoever invented Who's now. 32 people? You could have had a 10 person tournament before hand and everyone in America could have told you the masses would vote for Tiger and Lebron. Thanks for wasting 10 mins of 31 consecutive days on this crap. Thats almost 5 hours. Jesus.
  • 4: John McEnroe. No one in the history of sports has ever been so not cool while having a sibling who was so cool. Close 2nd, Jeremy Giambi was a pimp, Jason was on HGH. Hey, it happens.
  • 3: Billy Donovan. I hated him before he turned down UK, but I respected him so he wouldn't have appeared on this list. I hated him after he turned down UK, but I respected him even more so he wouldn't have appeared on this list either. But after what he did to the Orlando Magic, welcome to the list Billy. Can't wait til you come visit in March.
  • 2: Curt Schilling. Dude just needs to know when to show up. 5 people read this blog on a consistent basis, and thats still more people than care what the hell Curt Schilling thinks about any situation. http://38pitches.com/. Check it out. He's an idiot.
  • And the number 1 most annoying, most deciteful, most terrible awful no good person in the sports world: James "Leather-pants" Bowden. The guy destroyed our farm system over 10 years on ineptitude in Cincinnati. He always made just enough moves to keep the Reds mediocre on the surface, while leaving the organization in a place that when he left, it was in ruins. Somehow, this got him another job, in which he has managed to do the same thing. Atleast now we lack direction. I'd rather lack direction that be constantly misled by an evil maniacal shadow of a man.

Hope you enjoyed todays grumblings. If you didn't, try readings these guys columns. They have a bigger budget than me:

No comments: